Roselands provides a safe, happy and stimulating environment where our pupils can develop into successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
We aim to:
- encourage children to become highly motivated life-long learners with enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity.
- foster an ethos of achievement for all which values effort and celebrates success.
- raise standards of attainment and achievement for all pupils through effective leadership and a commitment to quality and excellence.
- develop a relevant, creative and challenging curriculum which caters for all learning styles and needs.
- encourage high standards of discipline and attendance to allow every pupil to reach their full potential.
- promote respect, understanding and appreciation of the diversity of people’s backgrounds.
- continue to develop the vital partnership between parents, the school and the wider community.
Roselands School Values
At Roselands we believe children should be taught skills for life. Our aim is for children to become:
Independent, Collaborative and Respectful and Resilent learners.
These values were decided through consultation with students, staff and parents.
These school values underpin our curriculum and are crucial for learning to be effective. Children need to be taught the skills explicitly and need to understand how to use them effectively.
Independent Learners will:
- Show curiosity /Ask questions
- Make decisions
- Show perseverance
- Think for yourself
- Communicate ideas
- Take risks
- Have confidence
- Make connections
Collaborative Learners will:
- Listen and respond to each other
- Actively question/challenge others
- Work towards a common goal
- Ensure everyone contributes / has a role
- Co-operate with others
- Show patience
- Understand how to compromise/ show tolerance
Respectful learners will:
- Listen to others
- Value different opinions
- Use good manners
- Follow the rules
- Give positive advice
- Appreciate differences and similarities
- Look after their learning environment
- Care for others
|Resilient learners will:
- Reflect on mistakes/setbacks
- Persevere when learning is tricky
- Are adaptable
- Are determined to succeed
- Embrace challenges
- Are ambitious
- Are able to problem solve