Year 1 homework tasks 18.3.20
Hello Year 1s,
Hope you are all well, we are missing you in school!
Below you will find a list of learning activities that you can be doing at home whilst you are not in school. If the school closes you will then find daily learning activities on the class page of the Roselands school website. This can be found by selecting the Y1 school closure icon and the day’s work will be dated ready for you to find.
Homework activities for this week:
- 20 minutes of daily reading.
- Funky Facts : Practice your recall of number bonds to 10.
- Complete the tasks on the online MyMaths program using the following link. https://www.mymaths.co.uk/primary.html (user name and password is stuck in the front of your child’s reading record book)
- This week in maths we have been focusing on subtracting 1 digit numbers from 2 digit numbers. We used a number line and jumped down the number line from the whole to subtract the correct amount until we reached our answer.
- For homework please practice subtracting ones by counting back.
- Handwriting focus- curly caterpillar letters c, a, d, g
- Key word spellings focus u as o – come, some, none, worry,
wo as wa- was, wash, wand, swamp
- When your child can spell these individually, ask them to create sentences with them in.
- Challenge them to extend their sentences with the conjunctions because, and .
Mrs Good and Mrs Britcliffe