Welcome to the Year 3 and 4 homework page. On this page you will find information about regular homework expectations
Each week you child's homework consists of the following:
- Daily reading - please listen to your child read each day and discuss what they have read. Encourage them to record their reading in their log books and bring to school each day
- 5 - 10 minutes times table practise daily. Your child should know which multiplication table they need to practise. Recall at speed is encouraged (www.mathsframe.co.uk is a good website to practise this). TT Rockstars ~ your child has thier own personal TT Rockstars account where they can practise their multiplication facts in a realy fun way. Please encourage them to log on for 5 minutes each days.
- Spellings - each Thursday, your child will receive their new personal spellings. Their recent test will be on the back - please discuss their score and encourage them to practise their new spellings for their test the following Thursday
- MyMaths - when appropriate, the children will be set online homework on MyMaths which will be linked to the learning in class that week. Your child will have received a letter with their username and password as well as information about how to access the website on tablets and PCs. Even if a task has not been set, your child can still access lessons and games that will help with their learning in Maths.
- Topic homework - when appropriate, your child may reveive extra tasks or projects realting to other areas of the curriculum.